Thursday, October 6, 2011

Truth...or Consequences. Week 4


           We jumped in the car to take the ride out to my friend’s mother’s house. When she was there the day before she said it was really bad.  After awhile we finally go to there and from the outside you could tell it wasn’t good.  We opened the door, it looked and smelt bad. We help with the dishes and laundry, and then we sat to talk for a bit. Then it was time to leave.
            The three of us are finally ready to leave, so we all piled into the car. Now we have a 25 minute ride out into the country. We are going to drop my friend Kim’s nephew off at her mother’s house. Kim was telling about her place and said it wasn’t good, I let out a low sigh and tried to prepare myself for the worst. I wished the sun would come out; I believe that it might help this situation. We finally pulled into her driveway, and the look of the outside I had a feeling this was going to be bad. As soon as I opened the door I had wish I just waited in the car, the place was dark and dreary. By the way this place smelled I could tell too many animals lived here, I know that this isn’t the worst place I have been I just didn’t have the stomach for it after a night of drinking. I didn’t really want to sit down, but I did because it was the right thing to do. Then Kim and I did a few loads of laundry and started the dishwasher. Even thought there was more to do it was time to go, my friend needed to catch her flight home.
            What we do for our friends, I knew that half of my day would be gone after this trip. It takes forever to drag this kid away from the TV so we can leave, after we get burnt food and crappy coffee at Dunkin Donuts we are on the road for a long trip down route 9. I get behind every slow drive in town, at this point I had wished I made Kim drive. Why did I quit smoking? Ok it’s time to get over it, Kim starts telling what to expect at her mother house. My stomach did a turn just thinking about it. We pulled into the drive way, I see piles of trash everywhere and cats spread like the Red Sea. Kim pushed the door open it was like we walked into a wall, it was dark and musty. I remembered how hangover I was and this wasn’t helping, I swallowed down what came up. I grabbed the cleanest chair I could find we chatted about winter coming, while the TV blared in the back ground. We then went around and picked up the dirty dishes, plastic forks, cups with curdled milk then started the dishwasher. The switched the laundry over, the blankets that we put in washer smelt like wet dog. God I don’t want to get old and I don’t want any more animals. We had to leave or Kim was going to miss her flight back to the beach.    

3 comments:

  1. Not sure I see week 4 here, or, rather, this might be one of the versions, but where are the others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have already done my 3 prompts for that week this was the week 4 themes - Playing with truth, facts, and the area just beyond them or I hope it is. I'm sorry that I'm so behind on everything, I getting caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get it! I see it now! I don't know why I missed it first time through--I guess I was looking for asterisks between the grafs or labels for each graf or something.

    My bad!

    Version 3 is full and rich with dreadful detail, very cinematic, brings the reader right along with you, which is definitely the idea.

    ReplyDelete