Monday, October 24, 2011

Week 8. Vignettes


I look to my left a sign “Beware: Pickpockets and Loose Women” by the sounds of that this could be a promising birthday party. I sneak over to the cooler and pour the beer into cup. Then just sit in the back to watch this whole party unfold. I see her pull out the projector and a white board, no this is bad. How could I have been suckered into this? The lights dim and the show begin. I should have grabbed two beers from the cooler; I think the second one is going to be a little trickier.
Then I see pictures of the Eiffel Tower, Buckingham Palace and Royal Guard.  Slide after slide I wish I could have went; it’s a trip of a life time. I can’t believe that Zack lost his wallet on the train in Switzerland, but he didn’t lose his passport that’s kids luck. While it was still on the dark side I casually walked over and got another beer. The lights flicked back on, I quickly put my beer on the floor under my chair. The slide show was over but no one was getting up to leave. Then she walked through the door with the secret service followed closely behind. Maybe he wasn’t secret service but that’s what he looked like, and then I turned my eyes back to her. She had short curly platinum blond hair she was wearing a low cut a-line dress. Then the man pulled out an old school boom box hits the play button and I hear trumpet and she starts singing “Happy Birthday Day…”  

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I admire your courage in writing a vignette's vignette, a challenging and demanding one, one harder to get than the mason jar piece, but one that doesn't cheat and withhold any information--just one that demands concentration from the reader.

    ReplyDelete