Thursday, October 13, 2011

The battle begins! - week 5


I open the box; it’s so shiny and new. Just what I asked Santa for. Wow these things have come a long way from the one in my Grandmother’s bathroom. I take a deep breath and then exhale, I step on the scale then a scene from The Biggest Loser come to mind, I’m picturing the huge digital screen in the background flashing from number to number then it finely stops on 180. I hang my head down in shame, how can I have gained back 10 pounds. It took me so long to get that 10 off in the 1st place and its back on between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
           I think back to my teens I was always thin, never had an issue with my weight. I never had to do anything special to stay that size either, I wish there was a secret on how to stay skinny that way I could go back to the carefree days of thin.
           So here I am standing naked in my bathroom totally piss off at myself. I have to forgive myself the holiday seasons, I’m sure that I’m not the only one that gains weight this time of the year. Now I have to start this weight lose journey again, to start from the same point as a year ago seems hopeless. On that day I wished I could buy a magic wand and abracadabra my body looked the way I wanted it too.
      I fast forward to today over the course of the year I have lost those pesky 10 pounds but we are weeks away from Thanksgiving and Christmas. I feel discouraged already because I’m fighting with those 10 pounds plus 25 more. I tell you fighting with 35 pounds is mental and physical tiring. Too bad it didn’t burn calories in the process and weight loss battle continuities.

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand the close--have you lost 10 pounds or gained 35 or 25 or just anticipating those numbers?

    Other than that, I know what you're talking about.

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to lose the 10 pounds I have gained plus I need to lose 35 more, 35 pounds is the total number.

    ReplyDelete