Saturday, October 22, 2011

Who's the first person you remember? -week 7


       I’m not one of the lucky ones that has all there memories sitting in order somewhere just waiting to be looked at, mine are scattered everywhere. But the person I remember best is my older brother Travis we are 22 months apart. He has always been my best friend; I would do anything he asked without question. When I got older I would question it but most of the time I would do it anyway.  Over the years I have learned to be quick witted and can easily create a cover story that no one would argue with. Some would say that this isn’t something healthy to teach a younger sister, but its part of who I am and I’m proud to have been handed that torch.  
      Travis and I look a lot alike we both have rounds faces, bright eyes and very infectious laughs. I think he has had a chip on his should all his life, if it’s real or only in my imagination I think it has made him work hard and better than anyone else. He has always been the unlucky one; if something could go wrong it would. He always made the best of it. Travis is a wonderful mixture of kindness and deviance. Please don’t get me wrong Travis is my favorite person but he isn’t my role model. I believe to truly love someone you have love who they are not what you wish they were.  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an outline but over and over you throw out something that just begs for followup and examples, but instead of coming across, you just zip ahead to the next thing. Examples of things needing examples"

    * When I got older I would question it but most of the time I would do it anyway.

    * Travis is a wonderful mixture of kindness and deviance.

    * He has always been the unlucky one; if something could go wrong it would

    * Over the years I have learned to be quick witted and can easily create a cover story that no one would argue with.

    If it sounds like I'm asking you to write a book, consider more focus and depth and fewer wide-ranging statements. Give us one thing to hold onto rather than a bunch that don't have staying power. So, try a rewrite.

    ReplyDelete