Saturday, November 5, 2011

I came, I saw, I conquered.


I don’t believe in the term woman’s work, I do understand that in theory it has made my life harder and I’m ok with that. I dig out my old jeans and lace you my work shoes. I walk through the living room my husband still in his PJ’s sitting in the recliner watching the football game.
***
I pull the shed door open and walk into the back. She doesn’t even look like she has ever been used. I grab her handle and pull her out into the sunlight. I have to do a quick walk around to make sure that I know what I’m working with. I put on my gloves and reach down grab the handle with a quick yank she starts up. I listen for a moment, look around and make my first cut.

1 comment:

  1. Compare this to the 'best part of the story' one--here, the piece is complete and ends with on a particular note. The other stops without that last note.

    ReplyDelete