Sunday, November 27, 2011

Week 12 Theme:


I walk around the corner and there he is, covered in blood up to his elbows. As I scan the room I start feeling very overwhelmed, is that a ribcage? What the hell is going on in here? I look at him he has a smile on his face that I haven’t seen in years, and then I hear a chuck of meat hit the bottom of a bucket. I need to sit down then I hear the music playing in the background, how could I have missed that? As I sit and listen it starts getting loader and loader, of course he would be listening to country music. Is this really my life?    
I take a deep breath; I smell a mixture of iron and decaying flesh. Thank god I have a brand new bottle of bleach, because I’m going to have to bleach everything. I don’t want anything to do with this, but I have already sat down. So I bury my disgust of this whole situation and tell myself I need to get over this. I look back at him and smile.
 “So did any of the other guys get a deer?”  

1 comment:

  1. Fine vignette: we get a description of the scene, we get your thoughts and feelings, we get a glimpse of your marriage dynamic, we get the ironic comment in the close. We even hear about your clean-up plans!

    Nice piece--risky for the weak of stomach, I suppose!

    ReplyDelete