Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Week 11 Theme--when words mean something beyond themselves


Love and hate, truth and lies how can we ever know what’s real, or is nothing real it’s all in heads. I live in Maine but really want to live somewhere warmer, I have short hair but want long hair. I don’t want to see where I am but I only imagine where I could be. I see myself only through my eyes but never see me for who I am. I feel lost even though I haven’t been anywhere.  
I hope that the decisions I’m making today are the best ones for tomorrow. Going to bed each night thinking of all the things that I’m missing, but never seeing what I really have. I’m striving for perfection when we all know it impossible.  I push so hard and I really want is to be pushed back. How can I be happy with my world when a better one is just TV channel away?  

2 comments:

  1. This week gives a lot of people conniptions and I don't know how to make it simpler or explain it better, but here is what I'd like you to try in a rewrite. Take this:

    "I live in Maine but really want to live somewhere warmer, I have short hair but want long hair." It's the only specific material in your piece. Now imagine yourself living in Hawaii, Florida, CA, etc and having long long flowing hair, all the way down your back and beyond.

    Write about that life and let's see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, from your photo there, I'd have said you have long hair!

    ReplyDelete