Sunday, November 27, 2011

The door slammed, and I never looked back. week 12


I look up at the clock it’s quarter till nine, I’m patiently sitting in American History class waiting for it to be over. I really hate having to leave work and rush into Bangor for a six o’clock class but I love going Zack house after for a drink. It makes for a perfect ender for the evening. I pack my book bag and make the long walk back to my car. I turn my phone back on. I was just about to call Zack to see if he wanted anything at the store but I decided to just buy a six pack he doesn’t care what we drink.
I walk out of the store with a 6 pack of Magic Hat and I light a cigarette as soon as I get into the car, shut the door, and started the engine. I pull into the drive way, Zack ex girlfriend car is in drive way. I hope this isn’t going to be awkward.
I walk onto the porch and push the front door open. I step over the threshold and close the door behind me, I look around the room, and I can’t see anyone. Then I finally make eye contact with Zack, oh god he completely naked. It takes me a few seconds to understand what it happening, I put my hands over my eyes and I hear the door slam.
I yell “I’m going to leave; I think that’s for the best.”  

1 comment:

  1. No one is really "ex" until they are dead, buried, am food for worms--otherwise, they are always in play!

    Nice take on the prompt--starting with class, giving us your thoughts, setting up the situation, and finally sparing us too much graphic detail!

    ReplyDelete