Monday, November 14, 2011

The things I see as I walk along the street--that's heaven to me. Or is it? week 11


It’s the same stretch of pavement that I walk five days a week. In the morning my walk into work the ground shows me the evening before I see the normal litter of cigarette butt and wrappers. But I also see love that never happened and gift that were lost. I step over meals that refused to stay down and pint glasses taken from their homes.

I lock the door at the end of my shift the remnants of last night have been picked up. Today I sit on step and watch the street that humming with excitement. I see first dates just starting and friends meeting up for drinks. I see family picking up that last thing at the store and older people heading home for the evening. This is what I’m going to be doing next.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of those vignettes I think would be stronger without the last sentence, a very common occurrence. You set up here as an observer, not a participant, and IMO ought to stay an observer right to the end.

    I like very much your description of what you see.

    ReplyDelete