Sunday, November 6, 2011

Just calm down and begin at the beginning. week 10


It just comes to the end of the lunch rush and my cell phone rings. I take my gloves off and pull my phone out of my pocket, its Garrett school. Every time the school calls I panic just a little.
“Hello”
“Hello is this Amy Smith?”
“Yes it is.”
“This is Mr. Cyr the Vice Principle at Garrett’s school, everything is all right. But there is something I need to talk with you about. Do you have a minute to talk?”
****
I walk through the back door and Garrett is lying on the couch watching T.V. I take my jacket off and hang up my pocket book.
 I sit in the chair and look at Garrett “So what happened at school today?”
He looks at me and just starts crying he was trying to talk between each sob but I just couldn’t understand.
“Honey just take a deep breath and start with what happened.”
****
I put my phone back in my pocket; I can’t believe that Garrett has been in two fights this year already. It has to be those stupid video game that he and his father play. I don’t know who I should be grounded Garrett or his father. The rest of my work day I was fuming, just waiting to get home so someone could get in trouble.  
****
I pick up my phone off the desk and call my best friend. After a few rings she picks up the phone.
“Hey Amy what’s up?”
I start laughing before I got the story out.”Garrett got in trouble for fighting at school today”
“Really and this is a funny thing?”
“Well Garrett was playing with some kids at school when they found a dirty sock on the play ground. One of the kids said they it came out of Garrett’s butt. He then yells at the kid that it did not. Then the kids started laughing at him and then Garrett punched the kid the side.”
“I know that I shouldn’t think this is so funny but I do.”

1 comment:

  1. I get it--the sequence here is A-C-B-D.

    That works nicely to alienate--the reader has to pay extra attention to which phone is being used in order to follow the time order. Works for me, works better than a dirty sock did for Garrett!

    ReplyDelete