Monday, November 7, 2011

Doesn't matter where you begin, you'll end up back here. week 10


I pull out a picture; I soak it all in and now I can envision it. It looks so good on her, I have no doubt it will look the same on me. Just think of all the good it will do, OK this is going to happen. By the time we get there I have already regretted this decision.
****
This is the 2nd time that I’m putting all my trust in this complete stranger; I think to myself she is a trained professional. Maybe I should make her show me her license, why have I never done that. I look into the mirror and make eye contact; I start to explain what I’m looking for. With a very confident nod of understanding she starts cutting.
****
On my way home from work I stop at the post office, all I need is a 5x7 padded envelope. Once I get home I open my laptop and start typing Locks of Love. I find there address then I read about how many people are helped with my gift. I look at my refection in the window and I hate this hair cut but I do know what I did was a good thing. All I can do now is just grow it back out and find myself a better hair dresser.        

1 comment:

  1. You use the linked vignettes very effectively here--giving us your thoughts, fears, the moment at the hairdresser, and the aftermath.

    You also avoid overwriting the material, turning vignettes into a story--and that's good. A vignette can be deep, but it is usually quick and sharp and light in the writing (compliment), just like this.

    ReplyDelete