Saturday, November 5, 2011

The best part of this story is the part I can't tell.... week 9


Everyone’s in the house; it’s my turn to ride the new riding lawnmower. I’m so happy that Travis showed me how to turn it on and the basics of driving.  I slide into the set and look down at the controllers. I’m so happy that Dad decided to buy this, it will be so much better than the push mower. I click the switch onto the on position, and then push the start button the engine roars to a start.  
****
I slowly drive through the back field and all over the back yard after a little while I was zipping all over the yard. I swing around the front yard do a few loops I decided it’s time to slow it down a little bit. I come around the front end of my Grandfathers pick-up truck but I didn’t cut the wheel right and ran right into the bumper. I couldn't figure out how to use the brake so I keep bumping it over and over again till I finally turn the stupid tracker off. Then I found reverse and slowly drove the mower to the barn, parked it and just sat there.
*****
I walked into the kitchen, sat on the bench by the front window.        

1 comment:

  1. Now this one, no, does not work--you don't give the reader quite enough to work with and it feels like you simply stopped writing rather than came up with a way to close.

    Try a rewrite.

    ReplyDelete