Sunday, November 6, 2011

The pin pricks your skin. You feel nothing. week 10


The cat hisses and runs across the bed, running right over Shannon’s face. I know she was sleeping, I lie very still in hopes she wouldn’t wake up. Then I hear in a very sleepy voice “Hey, you didn’t need to scratch my face. Ggrrr”
***
I can’t believe that I’m in bed at 9:30 reading Moral Courage; this damn ethics class is going to be the death of me. I feel like I haven’t learned anything yet and the stupid class is half over. I think this class will be an easy A though. Man I don’t even know what I just read. My eyes just can’t stay open any longer.
***
“Bailey get off my pillow, no you need to move” I whisper. She just looks at me. So I give her a little push still nothing. Then I start pushing her off my pillow and then she gives me a little bit. Hell no cat I’m the boss of my own bed. So I give her a light slap.
***
My whole body is shaking the bed, I can’t control my laughter. When I finally get it under control, I look over at her and it starts all over again.

2 comments:

  1. To me, the link-up between ethics and slapping the cat makes sense (no, I don't judge or disapprove of you slapping the cat, but it might be a question for an ethicist.) What doesn't make sense is the last graf--no way can a reader figure out what happened--is Bailey sitting on Shannon's head? Is Bailey making notes for you in 'Moral Courage'? No way to tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I go back and read that last paragraph I can see how its a little confusing. This is one of those moments that you keep reliving in your head and it makes you laugh over and over.

    ReplyDelete