Friday, September 2, 2011

Thursday September 1, 2011


You wouldn’t think that a gluten free cookie would be that good, but they are. I don’t have an issue with wheat which I’m very happy about. I have started to see more and more people with gluten, peanut and dairy allergies. Why have so many people developed these issues? I remember as a kid I didn’t know anyone with a food allergy. Now if my son wants a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch he has to sit at the peanut free table at school. I wonder if our genetic make-up is changing or weakening for that matter. Could it have to do with the genetically modified and the penicillin filled food we are all eating. Could the fast paced and carefree lifestyles we want to live be affecting us? I feel that we have become a selfish, inconsiderate and rude group of people. And by no means am I saying that I am better, because I know I’m not. I’m just wondering what is to become of us.     

1 comment:

  1. Food allergies do seem to be on the increase. But I don't see why you say we're more inconsiderate nowadays--on the contrary, everyone's concern with the allergic minority sounds like we have become more considerate as a society.

    Now if you wanted to use the increase of bad language as proof we are rude and inconsiderate....

    ReplyDelete