Saturday, September 17, 2011

Writers have to listen to themselves; writers ought to always be talking to themselves. Try a conversation between you and yourself. Sometimes arguments are fun.


Getting up at 7am on a Saturday was bad enough then I had to cook breakfast. I took my son to soccer practice and then we through a cord of wood into the basement.
Me “There just isn’t enough time in the day”
Myself “There is enough time in the day to get your work done, but not enough to do anything fun.”
Me “That’s so true; when I have time for fun I’m too tired. When I want to do something fun I have too much homework or housework.”
Myself “Quit your bitching and do your work”
Me “I know, I know it just feels better when I whine about it first.”
Me “Anyway aren’t you suppose to be more supportive”
Myself “I’m too tired to be supportive and now I think you are just starting an argument just put off your homework”
Me ‘Whatever”

1 comment: