Friday, December 2, 2011

Week 11 Theme -- Redo


Love and hate, truth and lies how can we ever know what’s real, or is nothing real it’s all in heads. I live in Maine but really want to live somewhere warmer, I have short hair but want long hair. I close my eyes and drift off.
    
I open my eyes and I see the ocean as far as I can see, my hands and feet buried in the warm sand. The salty air is blowing through my long curly hair and I feel the sun kissing my skin. A feeling comes over me and I know that this is my place; I come here to get away.  I lift up my hand and I see the sand fall through my fingers. I stand up and shake the sand off my body, I start walking down the beach and turn to look behind me. All my footprints have been washed away; it looks like I haven’t even been there.   

1 comment:

  1. Sure, the footprints work--but take a look at the junk jewelry piece because that works too; that piece is not about missing earrings and kid-craft necklaces, and even though you hardly touch on what it's really about (love, family), your reader is in no doubt.

    ReplyDelete