Friday, December 2, 2011

Dump the trash bin on the floor, pull on your rubber gloves, and start hunting for the truth that only your throwaways know. Week 13


           Push one foot into my tights then the other, I hate having to put these on. I look out the window I see snow everywhere but what do I expect in January. We walk through the double doors only a few minutes before the meetings will start. I plant myself next to my dad like I try to each night for some reason my mom let me sit there this week. Church starts with a prayer and a song.
            Its the same thing every time for years, he starts telling me how to act and what to think. You no longer can find your own personal understanding of your religion; this has already been done for you years ago. I no longer can hear it without being full of miss trust, I can't ask questions or even speculate about it accuracy. My whole world has been revolving around this religion and I’m much too young to rebel against my parents. So I just sit and listen looking to find the truth within those men’s words. 
            I’m free from the incoherence and judgment. I can now learn to think for myself and change my belief system. But they got me; my mind has already been warped. I don’t get to look at things in a fresh light. I have to disprove what I was taught growing up with new facts. I can’t even view and understand other religions with an open mind. I fought all those years to be an individual and ended up just pretending.

1 comment:

  1. This is impressive, a take on that prompt I've never seen and never would have expected. The first graf really pulls the reader in and then, once we're in, you never let us go.

    ReplyDelete